Movember

While I was poking around on Facebook yesterday, I came across an old high school friend who mentioned that he was participating in a no-shave November challenge with his co-workers. This November beard or "Novembeard" is an idea that's pretty popular here.

Then when I was catching up on reading blogs, I saw that someone asked if anyone's hubbies were participating in Movember. Now Movember is a new idea to me, so I had to check out their website.



Movember is all about the moustache. Basically, men participating in Movember (referred to on the site as "Mo Bros") use the moustache as a way to bring awareness to men’s health, specifically prostate cancer and other cancers that affect men.

I think this is a great idea. Everyone is so familiar with the idea of the pink ribbon in October for breast cancer awareness and now in November, we have the moustache as a symbol to bring attention to these cancers in men.

Pin It

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...