Engagement Story



It was Friday the 13th but the weather was great, it was payday, and my boss decided to let me leave work early.  I was in a great mood from the start!  When I got home from work, I noticed that my boyfriend was wearing his running shoes instead of his normal black DC shoes and I asked if he wore them to work. He said he hadn't but he had them on because he wanted to go for a walk.  I thought it was a bit odd since we normally waited until after dinner to go for a walk, but I agreed.  The weather was beautiful!

Now- we have a normal route we walk through our neighborhood, but when my boyfriend suggested we cut through the park, I didn't think it was too strange since it shortens our walk by quite a bit.  I figured he wanted more of leisurely walk rather than some exercise.  But when he said "Let's walk over the bridge!" I did think that was rather strange, since the only real route through the park is a wooden covered bridge to crosses over the river.  When we got to the bridge, my boyfriend pretended to stop and tie his shoe.  He got down on one knee and pulled out a box.  I said "Thank you!" instinctively before I knew what was happening!  He opened the box and then he froze up.  He was so nervous.  I reminded him that he actually had to ask!  And, of course, I said yes!

How did your fiance pop the question?

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...